Educational & Workshop Furniture
Makerspace Furniture System – An integrated modular furniture concept for Makerspaces and workshop usage
SG Education are proud to announce the launch of an innovative new furniture system for use in Makerspaces, creative workshops and office environments. The system is designed by Leitrim based Leo Scarff Design and produced by local Irish manufacturers. It consists of a collection of modular parts which can be ordered separately and built into a storage and display system which perfectly adapts to many functional arrangements in the demanding digital fabrication spaces we have today.
Some of the key features include:
– Modular design for use in many educational and workplace environments with several add on options so users can build the system that works best for them
– Specific consideration for Makerspace usage and the dimensions of all the key machines, consumables and electronics
– Environmentally friendly wood based material focus. Longlasting, durable materials: Birch Plywood and recycled Irish PET plastic
– Designed and Made in Ireland by a team with many years of experience in Makerspaces, Fablabs, Secondary and Third level classrooms and the requirements of staff within these spaces
– Mobile Units with specific dimensions for each machine type and storage requirements and integrated pegboard panels to affix a range of functional parts – Hooks, Shelves, Boxes, White boards, Pinboards etc. Lockable front castors, Unit depth to fit thru all internal doors easily with hand grips both ends to make it easy to move units around.
– Pegboard wall panels for larger storage requirements
– Pegboard works on both sides thus giving lots more options for arrangement of hooks/ shelves etc and the possibility to hook items inside the mobile cabinets etc
– Intergated power sockets with single mains supply cable hooked onto side of mobile units for easily power up in classrooms. Machine cables channelled thru unit top rather than down back of unit limiting snagging etc
– Existing products such as Gratnell’s and slot-on plastic trays can be used with the system – fitting on shelves and into cupboards
– Customers can choose from a selection of colours for laminate tops etc to suit their particular organisation’s branding
– Organisation logos etc can be introduced into the furniture either by being CNC milled into the panels or added in the form of printed graphic panels
One of the first projects rolled out is for the new Makerspace at Errigal college in Letterkenny, County Donegal. Shown in the photos are three mobile units for a 3D printer, vinyl cutter and Snapmaker 3 in 1 with wall mounted slotted pegboards for shelving, hooks and toolbars. We have lots more projects rolling out this year for this exciting new system so stay tuned for more updates